Register today for Galaxy Baseball tryouts
If you're looking for an organization that cares about providing a positive, instructional environment that shares a love of baseball, the Cincinnati Galaxy might be the place for you.
We have more than 160 families in our organization, working together to create an environment where the players can develop and learn skills, compete at the select level and enjoy playing baseball.
Team information on our site reflects both current 2018-19 teams and next year's 2019-2020 season. Our 2018-19 teams and coaches will age up. The pages reflect Coaches, Managers and Rosters of this year's team.
Tryout Dates & Times
Here is the current open tryout schedule for teams (this is their 2020 age eligibility):
- 8U (Two teams at one tryout) Sunday, July 21 at 2 pm at Good Shepherd Catholic Church
- 9U Age Level - (One existing team and one new team) Saturday, July 20 at 5 p.m. Columbia Intermediate School
- 10U Age Level - New team tryout on Sunday, July 21 at 1 p.m. at Columbia Intermediate School
- 11U Team Tryouts - (Two teams) 11U Silver (American Silver) at 9 a.m. on Saturday, July 27 at Good Shepherd Catholic Church Ball Fields; and 11U White (American Bronze) arranging private tryouts.
- 12U Age Level - (Two teams) 12U Gold arranging private tryouts; 12U White roster is complete.
- 13U Age Level - Seeking a Head Coach for a second team; Scheduling private/small group tryouts
- 14U Age Level - Seeking a Head Coach for a third team; Scheduling private/small group tryouts
- 15U Age Level - (Two teams) 15U Black (advancing to National League) and 15U Gold (American Silver) scheduling private tryouts
- 16U Age Level - Scheduling private/small group tryouts
- Columbia Intermediate School is located at 8263 Columbia Rd, Kings Mills, OH 45034 (South of Kings Island and just North of Montgomery Road).
- Landen-Deerfield Park is located at 2258 US-22, Maineville, OH 45039.
- Paxton Ramsey Park is located at 6265 Price Rd, Loveland, OH 45140.
- Good Shepherd Catholic Church ball fields are located at 8815 E Kemper Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45249 (No drop-offs by the field. No parking on the grass.)
In addition to these fields, in season our teams utilize Clete McDaniel Sports Complex, Bechtold Park, Rogers Park in South Lebanon and Schuler Sports Complex.
Why should you register?
Our coaches will have your contact information, in the event of inclement weather, they will notify you via email (or text if you have opted into receiving text messages). If you have requested a private tryout, the coach will be in contact to discuss a mutually agreeable time.
All tryouts will last 1:30-2 hours, depending on the quantity of players at a given age. The coach(es) will run your player through a variety of skills drills, including outfield, infield, pitching and hitting. If you are interested in catching, please let the coach know and he will ensure you have an opportunity to demonstrate those skills as well. You may arrive up to 30 minutes early to warm-up. If the field is occupied with another tryout, please warmup in the grass nearby.
Be prepared in full baseball attire (hat and baseball pants) and with baseball equipment (bat and glove). Please bring a water jug or other refreshment to stay hydrated. If you do not have a batting helmet, we can share one. Current Galaxy players will be on hand to assist with the tryout. Current Galaxy parents and the Head Coach and some Assistant Coaches are available for questions.
Parents may observe tryouts. Columbia Intermediate has a bleacher area and two dugouts (for player use, for equipment, and for water breaks). There is limited shade. The bathrooms may not be open and accessible at this facility at this time of year.
Landen-Deefield Park does not have stands for fans, and also has limited shade. We recommend bringing a chair. Good Shepherd and Paxton Ramsey have stands. Bathrooms are accessible all of these facilities.
About Galaxy Baseball
Galaxy Baseball offers:
- Player development focus
- Competitive teams playing in the American League of SWOL
- Our own indoor facility, located in the Blue Ash area
- Home Field in Montgomery/Sycamore Township
- One out-of-town tournament
- Organizational support for fundraising to reduce player costs
- Affiliation with a certified-Epstein Hitting instructor
Our organization is based on developing baseball players, teaching them baseball skills as well as life skills that build character – from working as a team to acting with integrity and sportsmanship. We believe teams improve by staying together, creating long-term friendships and learning to work together.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Galaxy has a page dedicated to your frequently asked questions. Please click here to review if you want to know more about select baseball or the Galaxy.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any specific questions.